Mark Traphagen and I have known each other for years from the digital marketing conference circuit. In this StoryShout episode, we discuss something that Mark sucks at: not arguing with strangers (and even people he knows) on the internet.
Mark is very active on social, especially Twitter and Facebook. We drill down into:
- How hard it is to not engage with trolls
- When an argument is worth having and when you should just ignore someone
- How online arguments can affect real-life relationships
- How to use cues to decode a person’s true meaning behind what they are saying
- Why it’s so hard to take someone’s word online, especially if it doesn’t seem like they are being nice
Listen to the episode right now below and also leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or follow us on your favorite podcast player.
Photo by Mr TT on Unsplash.